Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's 3AM.

SETC (South Eastern Theater Conference) is coming up in March. It's one of the biggest theater conferences in the country, and I need to find a summer job there. I'm nervous as hell about this because I've never had to shop myself around like this before.

Basically, I'll run around a convention room going from table to table and holding five minute (maybe less) interviews with different summer stock theaters. I'll have my resume and my portfolio, and I'll basically just have to talk about how awesome I am for that time. I'm really praying that the Ohio University School Of Theater reputation really comes through for me. I really have no idea how I'm going to get a job based on me alone at this thing.

I just spent the last hour or so filling out an application for the conference and the JCS (Job Contact Service), which was confusing as hell. I have to wait for my reference to write something positive about my skill set before I can send my application in and pay them $135 to find me a job. I feel like this is more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

On the bright side, my octopus drawing I've been working on for days is nearly finished.

No comments: